The news comes on and the weatherman says that a flood alert has been issued and everyone is hereby instructed to evacuate. What five albums do you take with you? I’ll give you my five “great flood” albums and my reason for including it.
- Big Back Forty Bested – This one makes the list because I’ve owned it for probably 14 years and I’ve never gotten tired of it.
- AC/DC Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap – I have to include this one because at some point, my older son (he’s three and a half) will demand it.
- Clutch From Beale St. to Oblivion – I could have chosen any album from this band. It makes the list because I can’t ever imagine a time when I won’t want to listen to Clutch, in particular the title track to this album, and “Mr. Shiny Cadillackness.”
- Two Cow Garage III – This band makes the list for the same reason as Clutch. It is such a staple in my collection that I can’t imagine being without it, even when I’m stranded indefinitely because of a flood. This album in particular makes the list because of “Should’ve California” and “Mediocre,” both of which my older son sings along with.
- Funkadelic (self-titled) – An odd choice? Perhaps. But perhaps not. Quite simply, this is great “getting it on” music and there is always a time and place for that.