Loyal reader, just the other day I was at a photo shoot for our December issue in which our model (you’re going to love her) posed as a moonshiner’s daughter. Here then is a list of five great songs about moonshine.
- “Corn Liquor” by Southern Culture on the Skids – I can’t see how this requires any explanation. It’s a song about moonshine by SCOTS.
- “Moonshiner’s Daughter” by Hayseed Dixie – This song says, “I married the moonshiner’s daughter. How can I go wrong?” Indeed.
- “Copperhead Road” by Steve Earle – Steve Earle tells a great story and in this song, he tells a story about a moonshiner’s fight with the law.
- “Moonshine” by North Mississippi Allstars – This is just a great blues groove…as if you’d expect anything else from North Mississippi Allstars.
- “Revenooer Man” by George Jones – Instead of taking the point of view of the moonshiner, George Jones gives us the perspective of the law in the whole moonshine issue. Oh, and you can also find a version of this song on Loud and Plowed and Live by The Beat Farmers.